The biggest enemy of knives is rust.
Most people know that a kitchen knife should be sharpen when the blade becomes blunt or the knife is rusted. But do you know why should we sharpen the blade?
As an old saying goes, the faster the knife, the safer you are. It’s easy to cut anything with a sharp knife. However, if a kitchen knife is not sharp enough, then every cut requires a lot of effort, which is potentially dangerous to the user. Therefore, learn how to maintain kitchen knives is necessary.
Tools for sharpening kitchen knives
It’s usually that We use two tools in sharpening kitchen knives. One of them called sharpening rod. The sharpening rod is to realign the blade that has been rolled or deflected.
The other one called Rubbing stone. Rubbing stone would be used If the blade becomes worn that the blade cannot be fixed by the sharpening rod. Additionally, the kitchen knife should be soak in 10% salt water for a while before being sharpened.
Obviously, it’s not an easy task that sharpening the kitchen knife frequently, the kitchen knife with durable blades like this would help user solve the annoying problem easily. The superiority of manufacturing process makes the kitchen knife more durable.
Actually, sharpening is only part of maintaining the kitchen knife, which focuses on repairing the knife. Daily maintenance of the kitchen knife is also extremely important. There are some methods that we used in the daily maintenance.
Tips for maintaining kitchen knives
- For the knives for cutting meat and bone, you need to clean the grease on it, and then wipe or dry it.
- Wipe the kitchen knife with salt or ginger if you cut something that makes the kitchen knife smelly.
- Avoid cutting fruits with the kitchen knife, because many fruit juices are acidic and will chemically react with metals.
- Avoid scratching the edge of the tank or the bottom of the bowl if the kitchen knife is blunt.
- The kitchen knife should be washed and dried rapidly if you will not use in a few time. Do not soak the knife in water for a long time. The kitchen knife will be oxidized and the surface of the knife will become black if it is wet.
- can be smeared with a little oil after cleaning, which aims to prevent rusting by isolating moist air.
- should be put on the kitchen knife set, placed in a dry and ventilated place, or placed in the knife box separately to avoid hitting hard objects and damaging the blade.
- The kitchen knife should be sharpened frequently both ends and the middle.
The materials of different kitchen knives are various, such as stainless steel, ceramics etc.
For the general market, the quality price and durability are the factors what consumers take into consideration. So stainless steel kitchen knives with high quality are needed by most consumers. For example, the set of cost-effective product in the picture is exactly one of the most popular products at the moment.
These are the life tips on how to maintain the kitchen knife. If you know more about life tips for maintaining the kitchen knives, welcome to share with me.